The Mustang Counseling staff will provide a comprehensive, developmental program that addresses the academic, social and emotional and career readiness needs of all students. For more information visit the
Mrs. Jessica Parker, 7th Grade Counselor
Message coming soon!
Mrs. Tracy, 8th Grade Counselor
I am excited to begin my 12th year as an educator, 5th year in Mustang, and 2nd year with the Mustang North Counseling Department. Prior to being a counselor, I spent ten years as a band director. While I will always hold a special place in my heart for teaching music, it has been exciting to continue my journey in education by helping students in a new way. I have a passion for working with teenagers and love helping 8th graders make a successful transition to high school. My professional affiliations include the American School Counselor Association and the Oklahoma School Counselor Association. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, watersports, playing softball, teaching clarinet lessons, being active, and spending time with friends and family. I am originally from Michigan and love visiting the Great Lakes as often as possible! I look forward to working with you and your students this year!
Resources for help and support:
Oklahoma Family Counseling Services – 405-577-5477
Red Rock Behavioral Health Services – 405-354-1928, 405-262-3209
Reachout Hotline, ODMHSAS – 800-522-9054 – 24 hours a day
HeartLine – 800-273-TALK – 24 hours a day
Want to know about your teenagers day, but all you get is the answer "fine" when you ask? Try some of these questions instead!
On a scale of 1-10 how was your day?
- What is one new thing that you learned today?
- What did you do at lunch today? Who did you sit with? Talk to?
- Did you get a chance to be helpful to someone? If so, what did you do?
- Did anyone help you with anything?
- Did you make any new friends?
- Which class are you learning the most/least in?
- Which is your easiest/hardest class?
- What was the coolest (saddest, funniest, scariest) thing that you saw today?
- Which class has your favorite group of students in it?
- If they played music in the halls at school, what would everyone want them to play?
- What do you wish you could do more/less of at school?
- What do you think the most important part of school is?
- What part of the day do you look forward to? Is there a part of the day you dread?
- If you had to go to only one class every day, which class would it be? Why?